Understanding Your Options Concerning Wage Garnishment

Wage garnishment is when a person has money withheld from their paycheck due to a legal ruling by a creditor, or for something like child support or alimony payments, and if this has happened to you, Uncle Phil’s Tax Advice can help in several ways. He has been offering advice to his clients in New York for more than 20 years and is standing by to assist you!

What is Wage Garnishment?
The money can be deducted from a person’s wages, salary, commission, bonuses or other monetary sources. However, they can’t deduct funds from gifts, income tax refunds, or life insurance monies. If you are unsure that you are under a decree for a legal garnishing of your money, then Uncle Phil can help you to determine that when you call to discuss your situation. Call his firm today for more information at 855-TAX-TIPS (829-8477).

Wages Withheld Due to Court Orders
One of the main types of wage garnishing is when someone loses a case in court and is ordered to pay a certain amount of money to a creditor or other entity. The court order is given to the person’s employer and the amount is then taken from their paycheck to cover the debt. The amount that can be withheld depends on the reason for the garnishment.

When this happens, the employee is informed of the decision so they know what is happening. If you need clarification as to why this is happening to you, then talk to the experts at Uncle Phil’s Tax Advice and they can look up the appropriate regulation or law and discuss it with you.

Using Uncle Phil to Get Information on Protesting a Garnishment
You can also discuss with Uncle Phil if you have a possible case to get the wage garnishing voided and your money restored. However, in order to do this, you must fully understand what kind of paperwork to fill out and how to file, and the tax experts like Uncle Phil are happy to assist you with this dilemma.

Uncle Phil’s Tax Advice has several full-service tax solutions and can also assist customers with filling out tax paperwork, doing self-employment taxes, etc. He assists customers in Queens, New York City, Staten Island, as well as Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Manhattan. So, if you are having issues with wage garnishment or any sort of tax problem, contact Uncle Phil’s Tax Advice at 855-TAX-TIPS (829-8477).

This entry was posted in Business Development Service, Financial Consultant, Financial Planner, Tax Consultant, Tax Planning, Tax Preparation Service and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>